Print

[tech help] Installing Error - The Source File is Corrupted

Installing Error - The Source File is Corrupted

I keep getting the following error:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
c:\Program Files\Wonderland Online\....

An error occurred while trying to read the source file:
The source file is corrupted.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel the installation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

These files are usually always image files (bmp, jpg, etc).  What I've been doing is just hitting Ignore over and over again with the hopes that the file update would fix all the errors.  I'm rather tired of downloading installers (I've so far downloaded 3 different installers, including the first link for the install), and continuously getting an error.   I even went so far as reformatting and reinstalling Windows. XD Any chance anyone could help me out?  

Thank you.

yaikz..
we got the same problem man..
i hate this!!!
i wanna ply!!!

this happen to me too......

i solve this by re-installing the game AGAIN.... i see this errors that i've made a while ago...
i watch the downloading process... while it is in 55% the download automatically finished.... and pressing the intaller, that errors had appeared...

what i do is don't use the internet while it's downloading the file, because using this become a hazzle while downloading the installer...

hope this helps...

Gosh... i cant believe this is a 2 year old post and nobody has replied/resolved this... Cause apparently I'm having the same problem now (2010) =_=
I just newly downloaded the client file (btw, for some weird reason, the downloader that i downloaded from the main site kept giving me horrid pop-up errors over and over again when i tried to install [the downloader!] until i had to force shut it down) from one of the links on the main site, and am trying to install the game... but apparently there's a lot of stuff like this:

C:\Program Files\Wonderland Online\pic\map.JMG
An error occurred while trying to read the source file:
The source file is corrupted.
Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation.

And of course, no retry wont work no matter how many times you do it. So after pressing Ignore and letting it continue on, you start to realise that there are LOTS more files that have the same issue. Not just JMG, even stuff like MiniMap_1.bmp or Warning.bmp, and even 9911.wav and BMG0001.wav and so on!!!

Its been going on for quite a while and i dont think its about to end anytime soon so i'm aborting the installation... hope this issue will be looked into... cause if i remember correctly, i've faced this same issue when i first played the closed beta years ago...

Thread