20 12
Thread
Print

[Game Issue] Exp Potion's calculation.

Exp Potion's calculation.

Can anyone tell me the calculation for exp pots?
like how much exp can you get using 5x pot in 2x event. and so on.
and I was wondering too if pots higher than 5x actually works in 2x event.
thanks to those who replied. =3

[ Last edited by mnbv0987 at 9-30-2010 10:04 ]

Click Pic For My Art Thread

It's in the math

Well, if you read wlo's home page, they suggest using a double xp potion on double xp weekend which will give x4 exp.  They also suggest using an xp card which will give x8 exp.  It seems the equation is 2 (server)x2 (potion)x2 (xp card)=8 times xp.  Hence, you could logically assume that for a x5 exp potion on a double xp weekend, you could assume that it goes 5x2= 10 times the experience.  

Some important notes- Experience potions DO NOT work on bursting.  I have a lot of 1.5x experience potions, and they do not work at all as far as bursting is concerned.  Double server experience, however, DOES effect bursting.  I hope this somewhat assumptive post is helpful.  Myself, I'd use a training voucher on a double xp weekend (server) with that training 5x exp potion (I've never spend a dime on any item or any igg points.  The best I will do is surveys.  I don't think they should sell pixels for 10 dollars or more.  I find this unethical.).  That will give you your money's worth.  If you want to extend it even farther, get a double exp card, and you will get 20 times the normal experience if the math is correct. 2 (server) x 5 (xp potion) x 2 (exp card)= 20 times experience.  Use your potion wisely!!!!

Reply 2# weaponx195's post

Oh thanks. =3
Yes, I tried using my exp potion wisely,
I never use them in bursting since the fact was known long ago =3
What I'm confused is, some people told me if you used pot higher than 5x, it won't work in 2x event.
basically [10xpotion] X [2xexp event] = 20x exp?

I so wish I have training ticket/voucher, but I used this potions at sharks instead.

I think I read a post where Taru said that it works like this:
2x pot + 2x exp from server= 4x exp
10x pot + 2x exp from server = 12x exp.
I think they sum up the exp you get, and not mulitply it.

Reply 4# RoseOfTheFlame's post

I once read Jinlei's one tho, he said this:

Using a 10x is not 12x, it is 20x. The formula for potions on event is base exp * event * potion, NOT base exp * event + potion.

True Potion Formula
Base Exp (for example will be 200) * Event (2x) = 400 * 10x = 4000

False Potion Formula
Base Exp (for example will be 200) * (Event (2x) + 10x) = 2400

I got confused.

Potions multiply off of event they DO NOT ADD IN WITH IT. Fact not Opinion.

2x potion on 2x = 4x total
2.5x potion on 2x = 5x total
3x potion on 2x = 6x total
3.5x potion on 2x = 7x total
4x potion on 2x = 8x total
4.5x potion on 2x = 9x total
5x potion on 2x = 10x total
5.5x potion on 2x = 11x total
6x potion on 2x = 12x total
8x potion on 2x = 16x total
10x potion on 2x = 20x total

EXAMPLES
True Potion Formula

False Potion Formula
Base Exp (for example will be 200) * (Event (2x) + 10x) = 2400

Therefore using any potion at all off 2x is wasting it's potential in general, because of so many people not knowing how this actually works people are wasting good pots off events because of what others say.

10x potion on Event

10x potion off Event
Base Exp (for example will be 200) * 10x = 2000

Half it's potential thrown away.

And to answer you original question directly you can and should only use good potions on 2x events unless you like throwing away half you can gain of course. That everything over 5x doesn't work was an assumption players made because IGG can not properly explain things. The highest multiple is 10x according to them, and what they actually meant by that is the highest potion is 10x, which clearly just about everyone knows therefore the statement was never needed and only caused this confusion.

I've tested this out numerous times and commented on it in numerous posts, I assure you any potion can be used and it is best to do so during 2x, potions multiply off of event, they do not add in with it.

[ Last edited by Jinlei at 9-30-2010 13:22 ]
"Born with a king's heart,
but fate fooled me and changed my cards"
~Mordred's Song~

Reply 6# Jinlei's post

Thanks a lot~

I'll rape my high pot in this 2x.

Reply 7# mnbv0987's post

Your welcome, I've also made the post in ED to stay permanently should anyone need to review it again.

Good luck leveling on 2x with your pots.
"Born with a king's heart,
but fate fooled me and changed my cards"
~Mordred's Song~

Reply 8# Jinlei's post

but Jin, so this statement is wrong?
Quote:
13. During double EXP events, even with the EXP Potion, why don't players get the expected EXP multiplier ratios? During the event, the upper limit of the EXP multiple is 10. What's more the EXP is also related to the monster's level and combo rate. EXP effect has no affect on Bursting.
http://forum.wl.igg.com/viewthre ... &extra=page%3D1
i'm confused as weII   just found it yesterday
I can go without anyone but you, I wouldn't change you for anyone

Reply 9# subarushou's post

Yes most of it is incorrect, this portion in general is false "the upper limit of the EXP multiple is 10." I think what they were trying to say is the highest mutliple possible is the 10x potion, but explained it poorly. The potion will multiply off the event as I have explained, I've used them all numerous times, it works 100%. With some of the higher potions you lose a few % at times for whatever reason, which is why it may not appear to be the same exact face value, maybe instead of 20x it's 19.5 area, but it still far exceeds what you would ever get using it off a 2x event.

Easiest way for everyone to be sure is test it themselves as I did if they don't want to take the word of someone else. Mark your experience gain on all given fights in the area you train, then again mark your experience gain on all given fights in the area you train during 2x, and finally use a good pot like 4x-5x and you can see it is multiplied not added.

If "the upper limit of the EXP multiple is 10", was true, there would be no reason to have any potion over a 5x, because it would be less useful than a 5x.

2x potion on 2x = 4x total
2.5x potion on 2x = 5x total
3x potion on 2x = 6x total
3.5x potion on 2x = 7x total
4x potion on 2x = 8x total
4.5x potion on 2x = 9x total
5x potion on 2x = 10x total
5.5x potion on 2x = 11x total
6x potion on 2x = 12x total
8x potion on 2x = 16x total
10x potion on 2x = 20x total

[ Last edited by Jinlei at 9-30-2010 14:07 ]