25 123
Thread
Print

[Level up] Combo: From Basic to Chaining Speeds

Combo: From Basic to Chaining Speeds

I posted this in Correspondents Zone as an article, but to help as many people see it as possible, I will post it here as well. This way, less people will need to ask questions about combo and complain there are no easy guides to find.

Combo: Basic Combo to Chaining Speeds

Hello everyone. I am creating this guide is for three reasons. One, there has yet to exist (to my knowledge) a proper guide on comboing in all its forms. Two, there are still too many people who do not understand how to combo and searching for one was a serious pain. And three, you can count me in that group because I recently learned about chaining speeds, and I’m willing to wager this piece of info is new to others as well. For those of you who knew about it already, good for you guys. For the others, enjoy, because this really helps me out. Later on in this guide, I will briefly discuss how comboing is related to bursting.

Part One: Basic Combination

By combination, I am referring to when two or more characters/pets attack the same target at the same time. Naturally, you would think if two or more players click the same target, their characters will combo. This is not necessarily true. Here, speed becomes important.

Really quick, speed is gained by adding points to the AGI attribute or by wearing speed equipment. You can also increase speed by riding pets with a swift saddle. Knights get an additional riding bonus from pets without saddle. Speed determines who moves first in battle. For PvPers you will know it is often the deciding factor in who wins a pK. But in general, everyone knows speeds must be around the same in the party to be able to combo. But what are the exact numbers for that “around the same?”

The answer to that question takes into account another factor, average team levels. Thanks to SamiKay for talking about this one in her thread about burst combination.

First, add up together all of the levels of your party, including pets. An important note. For reborn teams, consider your level non reborn. So if you are level 98 reborn, consider that level as 197 non reborn. I have tested this theory with level 30 reborn pets so I believe I am correct. Once you have added up your parties levels, divide by the total number of your party members. For a full burst team, that number will be eight. Once you have that number, subtract 25 from it. This new number is the max level of mobs you can 100% combo against. Thanks to GUI for giving us the 25 level difference number.

From SamiKay’s Thread

SamiKay gave an excellent example which I will paste here.

“First step is to simply, add everyone in your party's levels together. This includes your pets! In my case that's a lvl 134 fire, a lvl 76 fire, a lvl 40 fire and a lvl 44 water with cows levels 4, 4, 5, and 4. So! 134 + 76 + 40 + 44 + 4 + 5 + 4 + 4 = 311

Easy right?

Next step divide that number (311) by the number of people in your party which in a full team is 8 (remember the pets)

311 / 8 =38.875

YAY! Now you've figured out that the level average for this team is 38, almost 39.

Step 3 is the final step and is super easy. You just subtract 25 from the level average to find out what you should be bursting against! Whatever the number you get is, that is the level of the mob you should fight in order to get 100% combo success!

38 - 25 = 13

Congrats, now you know in order to get a 100% combo rate you need to burst against something that is lvl 13 or lower!”

• SamiKay

• http://forum.wl.igg.com/viewthre ... ighlight=%2BSamiKay

If you continue reading her guide, you will see that if you choose to fight mobs higher level than your average party level -25, your combo chances will steadily decrease. If you fight mobs 20 levels under your party average combo is 90%. And that steadily decreases so on and on.

Part Two: The 100 Speed Difference

This is real basic stuff. As most people know, once your party level average is 25 levels above the mobs, you will 100% combo as long as all party speeds are within 100 of each other. HOWEVER, do not think this means for example all party must be within 200-300 speed to combo. Here is what I just recently learned and that is….

Part Three: Chaining Different Speeds

So, from Part 1 and Part 2 two things should be understood. The first is the party level average being 25 over the mob levels to combo 100%. The second thing is that to combo, teammates and pets must be within 100 of each other. Like I stated earlier, within 100 does not mean within a specific 100 range such as 200-300. As long as every speed in the team can be consider +/- 100 from another, you can combo.

Confusing? Yes.

But useful. Here’s the best example I can think of.

Pet 1 50 Speed                Char 1  200 speed
    Per 2 100 Speed              Char 2 – 300 Speed
    Pet 3 150 Speed              Char 3 – 400 Speed
    Pet 4 200 Speed              Char 4 – 500 speed

Thanks to cocoroco for posting this information. Another example can be seen in the post below.

Again, chaining speeds will only work if party average level is 25 above mobs. For reborn teams, this is a piece of cake.

• cocoroco
    http://forum.wl.igg.com/viewthre ... amp;highlight=combo

Happy comboing with your newly reborn pets. Good luck!

Edit:

Additional Info From Jinlei

Also to consider is how spd will effect exp, sometimes it will be needed to use long drawn out speed chains like this for some players to train at all, but in cases where it is possible speeds should be kept as close as possible. Some small alterations of spd can higher or lower a char or pets experience. For example, my team trains between 450-570 spd, if I raise my killers spd above 570, it lowers the experience of both my priest and wit, in some other instances having a player be the fastest will ensure they are getting most exp possible. Best way to see how spds effects your teams exp would be to mess around with different speed scenarios and mark down the exp you get on each type of battle in an area, under different spd chains, and you should be able to see how it can effect you. Also for comparison of RB to non RB lvls it will be 50RB = 150 non rb, etc., because a lvl is gained upon RB and they will have the same points as 1 lvl higher than when they Rbed.

As a response, I have noticed that in my team, Magellan 300 speed, Fred 360 speed, my fire knight 393 speed, and elin 423 speed, Elin gets the most exp out of the pets.

[ Last edited by lionheart555 at 7-18-2010 00:23 ]
  • Recent Ratings
    • Hotaruchi Popularity +10 Haha needed it today thx 1-22-2011 08:54
    • Jinlei Popularity +5 Nice Guide 7-17-2010 23:16

Nice job on this thread. Also to consider is how spd will effect exp, sometimes it will be needed to use long drawn out speed chains like this for some players to train at all, but in cases where it is possible speeds should be kept as close as possible. Some small alterations of spd can higher or lower a char or pets experience. For example, my team trains between 450-570 spd, if I raise my killers spd above 570, it lowers the experience of both my priest and wit, in some other instances having a player be the fastest will ensure they are getting most exp possible. Best way to see how spds effects your teams exp would be to mess around with different speed scenarios and mark down the exp you get on each type of battle in an area, under different spd chains, and you should be able to see how it can effect you. Also for comparison of RB to non RB lvls it will be 50RB = 150 non rb, etc., because a lvl is gained upon RB and they will have the same points as 1 lvl higher than when they Rbed.
    "Born with a king's heart,
    but fate fooled me and changed my cards"
    ~Mordred's Song~

Reply 2# Jinlei's post

Thanks, added that in.

Just to add in, my pet speed team is

Magellan 300
    Fred 360ish
    Shasha 399
    Elin 423

Elin gets the most exp, every time, same pot.

this was good

Reply 1# lionheart555's post

Very well done.
    My only point of contention is the 25 lvl difference, from personal experience, i found 20 to be enough, but great guide.

great guide on the chaining speed thing you can have the spds pretty spread out and combo everytime

example the team i use for pet training has 2 pets at 305 and 1 pet at 166 i just make one of the mains 266 or a bit lower and combos everytime

Although there were quite a few things i already knew (Such as player level average) there were some things i didn't actually know myself, such as the faster one getting more potential exp. I was always wondering why if they all combo'd together some got slightly less exp and now this made things clearer for me. Unfortunately i tried doing the within 100 speed thing before but it was difficult. In the end i just made everyone within 50 speed of eachother in a total range to make things easier for me.

This thread really did give me some points i hadn't considered, known or tested out though so thanks a lot ^^

Something i'd like to know though is what the percentage or bonus damage is for accumulated damage from two or more players and/or pets all comboing together, i know the damage is raised slightly higher but an exact estimate and test theory would qualm my contradictions on the matter.

[ Last edited by GirTheRobot at 7-19-2010 19:38 ]

My team at SP is
    fred 90 spd
    fire killer 260spd
    earth warrior - 160 spd (using shadow pestle)
    Qlaya rb - 340 spd (using -20spd)
    water rb- 300 spd (using -200spd)
    eagle 140 spd
    We combo 100% of the times with any mob. And Qlaya is the 1 that gets more exp.
    Gemini
    Fireman

Nice info, however from my experience, in average level formula only levels of combo members count, so in burst team water's lvl is irrelevant. I've tested it many times in many different configurations. For example, when bursting a pet like Shasha, the combo rate increases, because it's one low lvl attacker less. And using very low lvl debuffer doesn't hurt combo rate in burst at all.
    120+RB fire Wit on Taurus
    S> Quests, Manufacturing
    Hobby: training Niss and Charlotte

Nice Guide~! We do it in a diff. way tho, but this one works, too.

25 123
    Thread