28 123
Thread
Print

[Game Issue] Exp multipliers

Exp multipliers

If there's 2x exp event and I use some exp bonus pot, say 5x, what would the total exp multiplier be?
Some people in game are telling me that it's supposed to be 2x * 5x = 10x, and then saying that it's false and IGG's ripping them off.

Although I'm new, I don't agree with such a claim, but I wanted to make sure they weren't just saying whatever.

EDIT: I'm referring to how people say it's supposed to be 2 * 5 = 10, not the fact that you receive less than that.

[ Last edited by TwilightHikari at 6-18-2010 14:54 ]

Reply 1# TwilightHikari's post

It's 5x * 2x. Just take my word for it, I've computed it myself.
Found this in my archive, and since I promised to put it on forums, LOL:

Reply 1# TwilightHikari's post

well sorry to tell you  its true ive used hundreds of xp pots on 2x days 8 alts 24 hrs of training every 2x for last yr + always using xp pots durring the 2x  and after  all of that testing  yes its true you do get less xp  than you should
the truth is like this on a 2x day
if you get  say xp that ranges from 700 to 1000  with no pot  then you use
a 4x pot you get from 2020 to 3200 not the  2800 to 4k you should
a 6x pot you get close to 3500 to 4800  not the 4200 to 6k you should
and yea if its a 10x you will never see 7k to 10k like you should instead its more like what a 8x should give
its a sad fact but we all except its the way it is  so generaly ignore it and train away  like the rest of us

Reply 3# lizardrock's post

I'm not saying that it's not true that you receive less exp than what people think they'll get.
I'm saying that the exp people think they "should be getting" is in fact over-estimated.

There are two cases here already from the two replies:

Kaeruu says it is 2*5 = 10 based on various computation.
You're saying it's actually not true based on your various computation, and that using a 5x pot on 2x day results in less than 10x bonus (with respect to "base" exp)

But I will need some clarification: if I receive say 1k on 2x day, can I safely assume that I will receive base exp = 500 on a normal day? (already taking into consideration any other things like damage dealt, level, attacker, etc.)

It would make sense that if base exp = 500, then on 2x day, I receive base * 2 = 1000.

[ Last edited by TwilightHikari at 6-18-2010 15:06 ]

yes, it is safe to assume you will get 500 exp normally if you get 1k on a 2x day.

Alright, so based on that assumption, I use the numbers that Lizardrock gave.

Suppose on 2x I received 1000 exp.
Then normally I would have received 500 exp.

So we'll work with the following:
Base = 500
Exp = base * multipliers, where multipliers is the total bonuses in effect

Case one: 2x event
We have multiplier = 2
Then exp = base * 2 = 1000, as wanted.

Case two: 2x event with 4x pot.
Claim: I should be getting about 4000 exp.
4000 = base * multipliers
multipliers = 4000 / base = 8
Which is just 2 * 4, as kaeruu said.

But you don't receive 4000. Does that mean IGG is swindling you of your money? Not necessarily.
I claim that it's actually 2 + 4.
exp = 500 * [2 + 4]
exp = 3000

Which is closer to the upper bound on Lizardrock's interval (3200).

Case three:  2x event with 6x pot
Claim: I should be getting at most 6000 exp
What's 6000 / 500? 12. So that means the multiplier should be 12, or 2 * 6.

But what about 2 + 6?
Then exp = 500 * 8 = 4000, which is a lot lower than 4800, so maybe I'm wrong.

Case four: 2x event with 5x pot
It's "more like what 8x would give". Can I go ahead and say "ya, it's like 7x"

Proposition: Total multiplier bonus is the sum of all the individual multipliers, not the product.
Is there a way to stack more than 2 multipliers in this game? If there is, try it.
Say you had 2x server, 10x pot, and another 2x item. Would that give 40x exp?

[ Last edited by TwilightHikari at 6-18-2010 17:53 ]

Reply 6# TwilightHikari's post

Whether or not it is the product or the sum set aside, you do not get face value of potions, it is slightly less. Also two chars of same lvl, same atk, same spd, in different parties effected differently by spds of other chars and pets can gain more or less experience as a result. It is not one exact flat rate * anything as far as I have seen. If it's 2x event + 3x/4x/5x/10x potion etc, total 5x/6x/7x/12x multiplier etc., I have seen my chars still net less exp than they should based on those numbers.

[ Last edited by Jinlei at 6-18-2010 18:16 ]
"Born with a king's heart,
but fate fooled me and changed my cards"
~Mordred's Song~

Well, what I know is that sadly, you CANNOT go over 5x exp while it is 2x exp event.
So I guess the max you can use is a 2.5 exp pot, if you used more then it'll just be 5x and the pots would be wasted.

Quote:
you CANNOT go over 5x exp while it is 2x exp event.
FALSE. You have never used a potion higher than that at same lvl during an event? I've used 5, 5.5, 6, 8, and 10 and I assure you they all net more exp than 5x, the 10x much more obviously.

Whoever pulled that 10x is the max multiple out of their ass was probably the same person telling everyone that all monsters damage gear gradually and not just the ones 20 lvls above your own, another wide spread false rumor.

[ Last edited by Jinlei at 6-18-2010 18:17 ]
"Born with a king's heart,
but fate fooled me and changed my cards"
~Mordred's Song~

Reply 7# Jinlei's post

When I say "base", that's a huge oversimplification.
I've read bursting guides, and they all discuss various factors such as speed, level, party, damage, etc.
The "base" exp I refer to is the amount of exp you will receive after all of those factors are accounted for.

When someone successfully bursts and gets 30000 exp, THAT is the base exp.
When you're solo'ing and kill some starting beach slime and get 1 exp,  that is the base exp. And on 2x, you should expect 2 exp.

So my BASE exp is a function of all of those factors that are discussed, all conveniently condensed into a single term.

I'm not sure what you mean by "face value". Like a 5x pot is supposed to give an additional 5x bonus and a 10x pot is supposed to give 10x?
Then it definitely does make a difference if you're taking the product or the sum. If you received 1000 exp from a particular mob on 2x, what is your expected exp if you used a 5x pot? Five times that 1000?
Quote:
in different parties effected differently by spds of other chars and pets can gain more or less experience as a result. It is not one exact flat rate * anything as far as I have seen
But that difference in exp is resulted from being in a different situation.

EDIT: but all of my points mean nothing since the only numbers I have are with starter beach slime and 2x with slime.
I'm sure someone has put a lot of thought into this and has made a thread with numbers?

[ Last edited by TwilightHikari at 6-18-2010 18:38 ]

28 123
Thread