Thread
Print

[Event report] WLO Splendid Exhibition: Libra

WLO Splendid Exhibition: Libra

WLO Splendid Exhibition: Libra

This was the most boring event I have ever attended in my entire life.  It as also disappointing from a GM perspective....I hope that you will read with me to find out why!  If we are expected to have integrity in our server...not to mention communication skills, then the Gms should be as well.  Gm-Carter was not up to snuff.

First we gathered in anticipation...I must say that this was NOT the turnout I expected.  Libra generally has a much better turn out for events....Here is a shot, of all the people that actually showed up.

When someone finally bought something from the stall...(heaven forbid) It was such a surprise that the Gm even had an exclamation about it .

I normally have great things to say about the events in our server but this one just left me disappointed.  A noob bought +550, 20 pieces at 10k when in Libra our +400 runs 20-35, and +800, 50-150.  This tells me that the gm had no knowledge of Libra pricing and basically ripped off a noob.  We would not allow that without some sort of reprimand.  Integrity starts with us.  I am thankful that we in Libra have a strong sense of value and we would like to encourage the Gms doing events in any server to have that same standard.

Once can't take advantage of someone because they aren't very well informed, can we?  If we do is it right?

The idea of this event is not to scam uniformed people, but to bless those who read the forum's and play the game.  If WLO chooses to do this again I highly recommend that they do a bit more research on server prices.  I am disappointed that when presented the opportunity to demonstrate integrity that the gm failed.  At the very least the ideal price could have been announced prior to putting it up in a booth.

What do y'all think?  I extend graciousness to the gm but hope that he will improve in the future.

Something I would like to see is an increase of communication with the gm and the players.  I take time to commend those gm's who have in the past taken time to speak with me and even share a few jokes.

What would you like to see in future events?

[ Last edited by dianalea4 at 5-22-2010 17:40 ]
Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments
Recent Ratings
  • Jinlei Popularity +10 Excellent 5-24-2010 12:16
  • wam514 Karma +50 Excellent 5-23-2010 23:40
Leo Lottery Event<--click here FOR ALL PEOPLE

~Rose

Wow in libra was a lot of fun

Nice report, I have to agree but not only about this, about all GM held in game events. They have no clue what they are doing, they lack any kind of control over players, and they always end up a catastrophe, overall disorganization and the rewards are lame. I never attend these events.
"Born with a king's heart,
but fate fooled me and changed my cards"
~Mordred's Song~

This event is ultimately the worse event ever..sorry for saying that...and it seems like GM overprice the stuff..now i know where player got this idea to overprice stuff hey splendid but not splendid at all

[ Last edited by hlovate at 5-25-2010 22:31 ]

Libra

Libra is cool,but are to much waters

i want it on virgo we are waiting

Great report! Like Jinlei said, not only are these events porrly organized, but the rewards are often not too great either. Plus they're at 3:00 AM for me, and no way in hell am I dragging myself out of sleep for it. Like with most things there is always that newb who comes to mess things up and again, like Jinlei said, GM don't really do anything to maintain order.

Nice article, ma'am dianalea. Keep it up.

Thread