22 123
Thread
Print

[compound] ALCHEMY/COMPOUNDING GUIDE

ALCHEMY/COMPOUNDING GUIDE

Alex's Alchemy Guide for Wonderland Online

Special thanks to Midoriko for suggesting I write this guide.

Table of Contents

I. Compounding Introduction

II. Alchemic Philosophy

III. Recipes

IV. Current Experiments

I. Compounding Introduction

1. Common Materials and Main Materials

There are five slots in the combination bar for players to enter raw materials when compounding. These raw materials decide not only what kind of gear or items will be made but also the level of the new product. Players should distinguish whether the material is a common material or a main material.

A-Common Materials:

All kinds of materials, whether its a natural material, or an item or a product. For example: Common wood or an item in which wood is the main part are both common materials.

Then how can you tell what the common materials of an item are? Most of the time it can be discerned from its appearance. Take a Bronze Sword for example, it is made from two common materials combined, one is "bronze" for the blade of the sword and the other is "wood" for the handle of the sword. If a player wants a Bronze Sword, "bronze" and "wood" are the two required common materials.

B-Main Materials:

In addition, the main materials deserves your attention. We can also use a Bronze Sword for example: With the blade being the more important component of the two, "bronze" is the "main" part of the sword while "wood" is the subordinate part. So "bronze" would be considered the main material of the Bronze Sword. Generally the raw material which is placed in the first slot of the Compound Bar is considered the main material of the new product, but if the compound value of the level and quantity of the other four materials (max total of 5 material for compounding) is higher than that of the material in the first slot,that material will be the main material instead of the material in the first slot.

If you put some wood in the first slot and some ore in the second slot, and we suppose the wood and the ore are of the same level and the same quantity, then the finished product would be wooden. It may be a Mage's staff or some other wooden product. In a word the raw material you put in the first slot of the compound bar is very important, so players should make sure that the common materials and main materials are arranged properly before beginning.

2. The Level of Materials

Of course the secrets of compounding are not easy to fully decode. In addition to the common materials and main materials mentioned above, players should also pay attention to the level of the main materials. "How do I tell its level?" you may ask. There are many ways to judge the level of materials. The appearance of the material, the difficulty in obtaining the material or the scarceness of the material can all be used to judge its level, besides you can also ask merchants about its value. When you keep the level of the material in mind, you may obtain a senior material one day through close observation in a trade fair. One last way would be careful study of Alchemy.

3. Alchemy

As we mentioned before, a proficiency in the subtle art of Alchemy can be a key point in the level of your compounding skill. There is also no doubt that an experienced Stonesmith has better skills than a newbie when compounding gold. As the old saying goes, "ractice makes perfect", and our game also utilizes this principle. No matter the special effects of a Warrior or the attack power of a Mage, they are both classified with levels to tell the strong from the weak. The proficiency of a Stonesmith has levels as well. The different levels of Alchemy will affect the outcome of compounding even if the materials are the same and of same quantity. So don't forget to train your Alchemy while performing quests and defeating monsters.

4. Diversified Materials

The creation of some top equipment and items may require a wide variety of materials, so it's necessary for you to collect some rare materials or old equipment, and store the materials that can't be sold. Once you need to create or refine this equipment, the required materials would probably already be on hand waiting for the day when they will be transformed into something spectacular!

II. Alchemic Philosophy

In the world of Wonderland Online, Alchemy is a confusing mistress. It is not an exact science as compared to crafting. The same materials could have several different final results. I can tell you as can anyone else who have attempted Alchemy or "compounding" as it is also known, that luck plays the most important role in your compounding success. Whether you're attempting to compound iron ore into iron material or compound a steel weapon.

Patience. This quality is what an Alchemist must strive for. Failure is all too often in the beginning stages of your compounding and this can turn away most people. But those who stick with it find Alchemy to be very rewarding.

I have been practicing Alchemy for a few weeks now and I know I've only scratched the surface of this strange and wonderful art. I have compiled this information on my studies in Alchemy as a guide for those interested and those who already walk the path. I included the official website's introduction to Alchemy as a reference to go along with my information. I also encourage other Alchemists to add their own information.

Together with our combined effort we can enlighten the community on this strange yet rewarding craft.

III. Recipes

There are certain items that work well with one another, for example: Common grass + Common grass. The final result is almost 100% plant. Also take into account the level of your "rimary Alchemy" skill. The higher it is, the greater your success rate. So even if two material components work well together, the compound can still fail.

But lets talk about something else. A general rule of thumb in Alchemy is that "item A + item A = Success." But what about the items that don't compound with one another? For example: I have found that Saltpeter cannot be compounded with itself, thus it always results in failure. Yet, if my change my secondary material component to some other mineral, such as "Common Stone" it compounds into another mineral. It is these questions that push the Alchemist to try different recipes and try new methods of compounding.

The general rule of Alchemy is the basis of all future experiments. When the Alchemist is happy with his or her result, they either try a new method to refine their compound or stick with their current recipe.

I know I talk about "recipes/methods" and "Alchemy/Compounding" and constantly switch back and forth between words, but they all mean the same thing and I hope I do not confuse any of you. With that said I will now talk about some of my experiments.

IV. Current Experiments

I would like to mention before I forget that I have discovered a way of compounding Sea Water into any other water without the risk of failure. By compounding Sea Water with Common Stone I have found the ending result to be either Mineral Water, Pure Water, or Fresh Water. Compounding any ending result with another Common Stone will simply result in either the same item or a different water.

I have also found out that rank of the items being used plays a very important role in how high the rank of the final result will be, also taking into account success and failure.

Current Methods I Have Found To Work:

Iron Ore + Iron Ore = Bowling Ball, Cubic Sword, Sharper Sword, Iron Sand, Iron Material, Iron Filet, Iron Block, Iron Claw, Vine Shoes
Failure: Common Stone

Sea Water + Common Stone = Mineral Water, Pure Water, Fresh Water
Failure: Unknown

Metal (Iron, Copper, Bronze, Steel, "excluding tin") + Wood (Oak, Lauan, Cypress, Oak) = Random weapon of chosen metal. Level determines what type of metal was used, copper and bronze being the lowest.
Failure: Common Stone

There are many more recipes and methods used to get what you need, and Alchemy can be a great way of saving time, but the price is equally high for failure. I didn't want to list all recipes I have used, since Alchemy should be an adventure in discovery than some "crafting list" you can look at.

I know some or many might disagree with me but that is why I encourage other Alchemists to submit their own information. I have laid the foundation (metaphorically, not literally) it is up to all of us to keep the guide going. Thank you for your time and I hope you enjoyed my (short) guide on Alchemy.

I would also like to apologize to the other compounding guide creators I have seen on the forum. I am in no way trying to steal credit from any of you, I just wanted to add my own information and thoughts on Alchemy. Hopefully we can compile everything we've gathered together to create one really great guide.

Most of this Information has already been given in most guides...
Not to mention also on the main website...
Lvl 4X+ Fire Warrior - Aries
Lvl 5X+ Fire Warrior - Taurus
Experience Discussion Rules

>.< what he said

I actually didn't know aheheh... So just my luck to have found this thread before it gets sent or locked or whatever...

wth was that?

dude u have a long way 2 go but keep it up try next time 2 put lvl & name of the material wish is the results of such compounds ok

At least can u make more detail about alchemy guide?

IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
I AM AT LV15

Compounding
Minarals

Cole ore + obsidian = coal ball/obsidian/shale
Cole ore + iron ore= iron sand/ Cole/vine shoes/bowling /Cole sand/cubic sword/common stone
Cole ore + marble= Cole sand/shale/common stone
Cole ore + granite = Cole sand /Cole ball
Cole ore + tin ore = Cole ball/Cole
Cole ore +basalt = Cole ball/Cole sand /shale
Cole ore +saltpetre = Cole ball/ common stone
Cole ore + Cole ore = Cole ball/Cole sand

Obsidian + obsidian= shale/ mica rock/granite
Obsidian + iron ore =granite /obsidian/ iron ore/huge hands
Obsidian + granite = obsidian/ granite /shale
Obsidian + saltpetre = marble/mica rock
Obsidian + basalt = marble/mica rock/ Obsidian
Obsidian +copper ore =red vine shoe/ copper shoe shale/copperclaw(copper first for besr results)

Granite+ granite = mica rock/ huge hand/basalt
Granite + copper ore = mica rock/copper claw
Granite+ basalt = marble/mica rock
Granite+ iron ore= bowling/common stone
Granite + marble = granite/ mica rock/ Obsidian
Granite +tin ore = Obsidian /mica rock/ common stone

copper ore+ copper ore= copper claw/bronze claw
copper ore+

I know if you do to iteams with the same Iteam rank you're more likely to get a quality product... I also know a failure iteam is a straw mushroom... But you can use the failure iteams to make good stuff I think for the most part
Grapes+StawMushroom= a juice (random)
So far from what I know I also know if you're a low level achemist you do
Wood (regular wood)+ vine grass almost always equals a weapon.
Wood (Regular wood)+Turpintine= almost always equals a spear. I miss being low level. XD
!@_~!

Its a long thread

u dont need common stone for different waters, i just use 2 sea  waters and it makes pure,mineral, and fresh water without fail

22 123
Thread