12 12
Thread
Print

[other] WLO Dictionary!

WLO Dictionary!

I know for me, one of the things about Wonderland that took me a while to figure out was all the lingo people use in WLO. To make things easier for people I have decided to make a WLO dictionary. If you want to submit a word please PM me or post here! Thanks!

*TIP* You can quickly go to any letter by pressing CTRL + F and then typing -LETTER- in the box.
Ex: -A-

-A-

Admin- Refers to an Administrator on the forums. They are in charge and the help enforce the rules of the forums along with the forum moderators, which they pick.

AFK– st ands for Away From Keyboard.  Used to show that one is going away. Most people will set their remote controls before going AFK so that they will still fight even though they are away.

AGI– stands for Agility. It is one of the 5 base stats and it effects speed.

Alchemy- A life skill that can be achived be doing the Fairy Ax + Psychic Dagger quest. It effects compounding. More Info Here

Alice- One of the characters people can pick to be. More Info Here

Amity- How much a pet likes you. Amity decreases when a pet dies. If it gets too low, the pet will run away. Used interchangably with Intimacy.

AoE- Stands for Area of Effect. Stands for the number of people an attack will hit. An AoE attack is any attack the hits more than one person. AoE attacks can not combine with any attacks.

Athens- A city you can go to in WLO. Can get there by going through Egypt to the Mediterranean. Click for Map

ATK– stands for Attack. Effects how much damage you do. Is effected by strength and the attack stats of your equips.

Arez- A red dragon who can join your team later in the game through a quest in Oslya.

Aries- One of the servers people can choose to play on. The most popular and the most expensive. It is a US server and their symbol is a ram.

-B-

B>- Stands for buying. Used like this: B> Boat!

Bangkok- A city you can go to in WLO. It is just south of China. Click for Map

Base Stats- Refers to the stats STR, CON, INT, WIS, and AGI. These stats do not change unless you level up.

Betty- One of the characters people can pick to be. More Info Here

Boat- An item used to travel in the ocean. Breaks easily.

BRB- Stands for Be Right Back. It is something people say to indicate they have left and will be back shortly.

Breilat- A secrect character people can choose to be. More Info Here
How To Be Breilat Here

Buff- Any spell that increases a player's stats of creates a beneficial status.

Build- Refers to the type of character you are. Common builds are water mage, fire killer, water support, ect.

Burst- Refers to GST. Usually bursting is longer and can only have 3 fires and 1 water. More Info Here

-C-

Cairo- The name of the city in Egypt. Click for Map

Calcutta- One of the countries in WLO. Click for Map

Cancer- One of the servers people can choose to play on. It is a US server and their symbol is a crab.

Carnie- Refers to the place where Item Mall games can be played. Players can spawn here.

Chicken Farm- Refers to the portal just north of Welling. Only chickens are there.

China- One of the countries in WLO. Its city is called the Fishing Village of China.Click for Map

Collecting- A Life skill that can be achived by Collecting barly for the farmer in the north part of South Island.

Compound- The act of combining 2 or more items to make a new item. Doing so ups your alchemy skill. More Info Here

CON- Stands for Constitution. It is one of the 5 base stats and it effects HP and defense.

CP- Cursed Palace. (need more info on this...)

Cutting- A Life skill achived by giving Bei's Ore to the Axeman in Holy. It affects collecting wood.

-D-

Daniel- One of the characters people can pick to be. More Info Here

DC or D/C- Stands for disconnection. Refers to when someone suddenly leaves the game because of internet or server problems.

Debuff- Refers to any spell that harms an enemy's stats or causes a harmful condition.

DEF- Stands for defense. It effects how much damage you take from physical attacks. It is effected by constitution and the defense stats of your equips.

Digest- Refers to special forum topics that are helpful and are kept forever. They can be found here.

DS- Dragon Soul. See GS2...

-E-

Earth- One of the 4 elements of the game. Their main focus is defense.

Egypt- One of the countries in WLO. Its city is named Cairo. Click for Map

Elin- A pet you can get in the game. You can find her in the well in Holy Village. She is Earth type.

Equips- Stands for Equipment. Refers to the items attached to your character. They effect your stats.

EXP or XP- Stands for experience. Refers to how close a character is to leveling up.

Express Pet- A special pet that can deliver goods to your friends. They are: Tabby Cat, Shiba Inu, Persian Cat, and La La. More Info Here

-F-

Fire- One of the 4 elements in the game. Their main focus is attack or magic attack.

Fishing- One of the Life skills in the game. Can be recived by doing fisherman's bait quest in Holy. More Info Here

Fishing Village of China- The city in China. Click for Map

Forum Mod- Stands for Forum Moderator. These people are picked by the Admins to help enforce the rules of the forums.

FS- Fairy Skill- A skill you can get by doing a quest on Lion Isle. More Info Here

-G-

Gemini- One of the servers people can choose to play on. It is a US server and their symbol is the twins.

GM- Stands for Game Moderator. They are people in game who work for WLO and make sure everyone is following the rules.

GS- Goddess Skill- A special skill you get from the quest in Korea. More Info Here

GS2- Goddess Skill 2- A second goddess skill you can get. Also know as DS. More Info Here

GST- Goddess Skill Training- A special way to train using your GS. More Info Here

-H-

Hawaii Island- One of the regions in the game. Click for Map

Holy Village- A city in South Island. Very big and many quest there. Click for Map

HP- Stands for Health Pionts. This represents your life, once this reaches zero you will lose experience.

Hybrid- Refers to a character that does not focus on just one or two stats but four of five. These characters are all-around good but they do not excel at anything.

-I-

IGG- The makers of Wonderland Online. IGG can stand for Internet Gaming Gate or I Got Games. Official IGG Website

IM- Item Mall- Refers to the Item Mall found in the upper-right corner of the screen. Items can be purchased with IM points which can be bought with real world money.

Inca- One of the regions in WLO. Its city is Machu Picchu. Click for Map

Inchon- A town in Korea. Click for Map

INT- Stands for Intelligence. It is one of the 5 base stats. It effects magic attack.

IRL- Stands for In Real Life. Refers to anything that has happened in the real world.
Ex: "Oh no I lost my cat!" "Oh, what was his amity?" "NO! IRL!!!"

-J-

Jessica- One of the characters people can pick to be. More Info Here

JS- Job Skill- Refers to the skill people get when they rebirth. More Info Here And Here

-K-

Kelan- The first city in the game. It is in the north part of North Island. Click for Map

Konno Tsuruko- One of the characters people can pick to be. More Info Here

Korea- A country you can go to in the game. The town in Korea is called Inchon. Click for Map

Koyota- A country you can go to in the game. Its city is called Kyoto. Click for Map

KS- Stands for Kill Steal. It refers to when someone kills an enemy you wanted to kill, preventing you from getting much EXP.

Kyoto- The town in Koyota. Click for Map

-L-

Lag- Refers to when either you internet, server, or computer is slow, thus slowing down your game.

Leo- One of the servers people can choose to play on. It is a US server and their symbol is a lion.

Level up- Refers to when a character obtains 100% experience. The character gains one level and 3 stat points.

Libra- One of the servers people can choose to play on. It is a European server and their symbol is the scales.

Life Skill- A skill that has no effect on combat. Example: Alchemy, Fishing, Collecting, Mining, Cutting.

Lion Isle- A region you can go to in the game. It is where you do the GS2 quest. Click for Map

LVL- Stands for Level. Refers to how many times you have leveled up. This number is found above your character's head.

-M-

Machu Picchu- The town in Inca. Click for Map

Maria- One of the characters people can pick to be. More Info Here

MAT or MATK- Stands for Magic Attack. It effects how much damage you do with magical attacks. This is effected by intelligence and the stats of youe equips.

Mayan Forest- A region found in WLO. Its city is called Mayan Tribe. Click for Map

Mayan Tribe- A city found in the region Mayan Forest. Click for Map

MDF or MDEF- Stands for Magic Defense. It effects how much damage you take from magical attacks. This is effected by wisdom and the stats of youe equips.

Mining- A Life skill achived by giving the miner in KaMa cave 3 iron ore. It affects collecting ores.

Mob- Refers to a group of monsters or enemies.

Mod- Can refer to either a forum moderator or a game moderator. See Forum Mod or GM.

Monkey- One of the first pets you get. He is found on the tree in Starter's Beach.

More- One of the characters people can pick to be. More Info Here

-N-

Nicole- One of the characters people can pick to be. More Info Here

Nina- One of the characters people can pick to be. More Info Here

Niss- One of the first human pets you get. She is found under a tree in the north-west corner of North Island and she is Water type.

North Island- Refers to the northern part of New Zeland. Both Kelan and Welling are found here. Sometimes abbriviated NI.

NPC- Stands for Non-Player Character. It refers to computer controled characters, like Robinson.

-O-

Oslya- Country just west of North Island. Dinosaurs are found here and the Arez quest and Elin's Gun quest are done here. Click for Map

-P-

Pine- A portal near the begining of the south part of South Island. Squirrels and Cirruses are here. Sam is also found here.

PK- Stands for Player Killing. Refers to the act of fighting another player controled character.

PM- Stands for Private Message. Refers to any form of private messages, usually in-game mail.

Pot- Stands for Potion. Usually used to stand for EXP potions.

PvP- Stands fo Player Versus Player. Refers to when one person fights another person.

-Q-

Quest- A task you do in order to earn a reward. List of Quests
*TIP* Click the links at the top of the page to go to quests of that area.

-R-

RB- Rebirth/Reborn- An event that happens when you reach level 100 and complete a quest. More Info Here

Roca- One of the first human pets you get. You get her in Kelan and she is Fire type.

Rock- One of the characters people can pick to be. More Info Here

-S-

S>- Stands for selling. Used like this: S> Boat!

Saggitarius- One of the servers people can choose to play on. It is a US server and their symbol is the centaur.

Sam- A pet you can get in the game. You can find him in Pine. He is Water type.

SB- Starter's Beach- The beach you arrive at using Robinson's Raft.

Scorpio- One of the servers people can choose to play on. It is a US server and their symbol is a scorpion.

Sid- One of the characters people can pick to be. More Info Here

South Island- Refers to the southern part of New Zeland. Holy Village is found here. Sometimes abbriviated SI.

South Pole- A region you can go to in the game.
Click for Map

Spawn- Teleporting to a location. All players can spawn to Starter's Beach, Carnie, and a place of their choosing. If a player takes significant damage, not only will he die, but he will also spawn.

SPD- Stands for Speed. It effcts if you make the first move in battle. It is effected by agility and the stats of your equips.

Stats- Stands for Statistics. Refers to the ATK, DEF, MAT, MDF, and SPD of your character. These are effected by your base stats and the stats of your equips.

STR- Stands for Strength. It is one of the 5 base stats. It effects attack.

-T-

T>- Stands for trading. Used like this: T> Boat for Copper Claw!

Taiwan- A country you can go to in the game. Click for Map

Taurus- One of the servers people can choose to play on. It is a US server and their symbol is a bull.

Training Island- A special area you can get to using a training ticket. You can get a lot of experience here. Sometimes abbriviated TI.

-U-

-V-

Vanessa- One of the characters people can pick to be. More Info Here

Virgo- One of the servers people can choose to play on. It is a European server and their symbol is the maiden.

-W-

Water- One of the 4 elements in the game. Their main focus is SP and healing.

Welling- The second city in the game. It is in the south part of North Island. Click for Map

Whisp. or Wisp.- Stands for Whisper. It refers to the act of talking to someone in prvate whisper chat.

Wind- One of the 4 elements in the game. Their main focus is speed.

WIS- Stands for Wisdom. It is one of the 5 base stats. It effects a character's magic defense.

WLO or WL or WO- Wonderland Online- The name of the game.

World Map- Refers to the map that shows all the regions. Click for Map

-X-

Xaolan- One of the first human pets you get. You get her in Kelan and she is Earth type.

XP- stands for experience. See EXP.

-Y-

Yamataikoku- One of the cities you can go to in the game. Click for Map

-Z-

(Yes I know I am missing a ton of stuff so please submit your info here or by PM me!)

[ Last edited by penguinbomb5 at 11-18-2009 20:16 ]
Recent Ratings
  • Hotaruchi Karma +50 Excellent 11-8-2012 07:14
  • BoyLayas Popularity +10 Good Work XD 9-19-2009 11:27
Very Important Pup

Ok, so I updated the dictionary based on your suggestions but I am always open to more!
Very Important Pup

@ TracerBullet88: Done!
@ Jinlei: And Done!

Yes I am very fast! I plan to keep this dictionary growing forever!
Very Important Pup

According to the WLO official site, Kyoto is the city within Koyota.
Weather or not this is a mistake on their part doesn't matter. Within the game, the city Kyoto is in the country Koyota.

As for your other stuff, I will fix immediately.
Very Important Pup

Reply 14# Jinlei's post

Good Idea!

I will pm him at once.
Very Important Pup

I will change pine to pine forest.

BTW: stikels hasn't PM me back.
Very Important Pup

Quote:
Original posted by Maerya at 9-19-2009 11:38 AM

Dude, have you looked on a map lately? 'Koyota' is NOT a country!! Look at all of the other Asian nations, implemented and those soon to come. They are named correctly according to their geographica ...
WLO can not name two places the same, Hence Koyota.
Very Important Pup

Reply 25# Maerya's post

Because WLO can't  name 2 places the same thing, they named the city Kyoto, and the area around it Koyota.
Very Important Pup

Reply 27# xXs0ullessXx's post

Thanks! Yeah it really needs to grow more, the first thing I need to do it find a good RB guide... any one have a link?
Very Important Pup

Reply 31# Maerya's post

Lol dude its ok XD.

BTW: I'll add the RB link and CP tomorrow
Very Important Pup

12 12
Thread