Thread
Print

Benjamin's monster catching guide

Benjamin's monster catching guide

This is a short, sweet monster catching guide for those who want to know how to catch a pet.  I go step by step on how you can catch a monster.

1.  I have highlighted in this picture the pet I want (the pink earthworm since need it for quest anyway) and the button I have circled in blue.  That's what you want to click.  After clicking it you'll have a hand.  Click on the monster you want to catch.  Couple of tips:  If you want to catch a tough monster make sure you are at least 5 levels below it before attempting.  I've found it extremely difficult to catch monsters that are 6 levels higher than me.  Also I find monsters are easier to catch if weakened (as you see in this pic).

2.  After clicking on the catch button and clicking the monster you'll see what looks like you (or pet/human pet.  They can grab monsters too) dragging the monster.  If you caught the monster you will see it pinned down.

Recent Ratings
  • Meyoname Popularity +5 Good job^^ this will reduce Spam in the 6-17-2008 17:37

As promised right here.  Glad you brought it up

Kinda reminds me of a game I have called "Revelations".  Only in that game you must convince the monsters to join by talking to them.  If you succeed in convincing them to join they'll join.  Another thing with that game too is that you cannot get monsters to join if they are far stronger than you (by 5 or 10 lvls if I recall).  Only similarity with that game and this with the pets is they both have a level "boundary" in order to catch a pet.  I kinda wished they added a feature that would tell you you're "too low" to catch a pet.  Something I might bring up.

Just made a suggestion too.  Made the title as: feature for catching pets and labelled it as suggestion.  I'm wonderin what others think.  Kinda doesn't make sense to waste an hour trying to catch a monster you know you can't catch.

Some like tigers and wolves but there are many (like E.T) that cannot.

On-hand, you can have up to 4.  If you have 4, you won't be able to catch anymore unless you store a pet.

I've never seen anyone catch an E.T.  btw this was during alpha I did this so I hardly knew anything at that time. I did more experimenting with different features in the game than actual game playing considering it only lasted a week.  Also depends on the E.T. also I guess.  Let me try and elaborate:

Let's use wild wolf for example.  The two you fight in the riding hood quest you can capture.  On the other hand, the wolf for the "boy who cried wolf" quest you cannot capture.  Tried it and can't do.  My level too was WAY above the wolf's level AND the hp was weakened to less than half of its hp.  The wolf in the red riding hood quest has no skills but the wolf for the boy who cried wolf quest uses what looks like a whirlwind skill.

The E.T.s that guard where you get Elin I don't think you can catch though but there're probably more E.T.s in the game than just that.

About trolls and ETs

ETs cannot be caught.  The ETs you probably see in the game are either the GM (which can be whatever he/she wants to be) OR it can be the ET from the doll machine.  The troll that gaurds the path to South Island cannot be caught, however, there are other stronger trolls in the game and whether they can be caught or not, I'm not sure.

Thread