Thread
Print

[manufature/crafting] Time is of the Essence: A Guide to Time Reduction

Time is of the Essence: A Guide to Time Reduction

When manufacturing, clocks (and their cousins the windmill and AC) lower production time by a certain fraction of time.  Although a single clock (referred to as "bells" in the game) won't drop your production time by a significant amount, the whole set will definitely drop your production time by a rather fair amount.  But how do they work?  Following are some common questions that are asked about the clocks, followed by a short summary of how much each piece of time equipment reduces time by.

Common Questions

Do my clocks all need to be on the same floor to be active?
  • The clocks (bells), windmill, and AC don't need to be all on the same floor, but they do need to be out.

Do my clocks need to be sitting next to the equipment I'm manufacturing on in order to work?
  • They don't need to be next to the equipment to reduce the time.

Can I build multiple copies of the same type of clock to have bunches of time reduced easily?
  • The effects of the same type of time-reducing equipment do not stack.  So if you have 3 Standing Bells, 2 Small Bells, and 3 Windmills, you'll only gain the effect of a single of each.

How do I build the clocks?
  • Wood Bell: Rope Saw
  • Stand Bell: Rope Saw
  • Windmill: Carpenter's Lathe
  • Air Condition: Welding Tool

I built a Stand Bell, but I don't notice the difference when I build something.
  • The effects of a single clock are practically unnoticeable since the time reduction is only a tiny fraction.  A Stand Bell will only reduce time by 1.8 seconds for each minute in the production time.  So if say, you were building an Iron Material (2 minutes), you'd only get 3.6 seconds of time reduction.

A Bit of Math

Following is a small chart of how much each piece reduces time by:

Wood Bell: 2% = 60 - 2% = 1.2 seconds

Stand Bell: 3% = 60 - 3% = 1.8 seconds

Windmill: 3% = 60 - 3% = 1.8 seconds

Air Condition: 12% = 60 - 12% = 7.2 seconds

With all the tools, you'll get a full 12 seconds of reduction time per a manufacture's original shown time (per minute).  So if an item shows 20 minutes originally (example: Diesel Oil), then 20 x 12 seconds = 240 seconds reduced from manufacture time (240 seconds = 4 minutes, so the time to make a Diesel Oil is 16 minutes).

Note: If the reduction in time is over a minute's worth, the time shown on the manufacture list will reflect the new, reduced time.

I hope this clears up any confusion one might've had with the clocks. ^_^b

A guide to building each of the time reducers can be found here.

[ Last edited by Dramanue at 9-30-2008 09:33 ]
Dram Loves JuJu Foreverz - WLO 3.0 Vid!!

i wondered why people have windmill,thank

A well written guide.

I'm sure this will be very helpful. I was wondering if perhaps there was another time reducing furniture. I guess there is none.

Wonderful guide!

I like the guide! Now it's a "hunt" for materials to build everything so that I can reduce the building time Or buy..... all the clocks somewhere, but I guess you'd pay a lot for that
~Have fun~
Quericind
~Leo Server~

The clocks and windmill are quite easy to make. Materials are easy to get. It's the aircon that is a bit tricky since you'd need 2 magnets, which can be difficult to come by.

what is the total decrease?
SERVER: aries 6
CHAR: blah-blah 5x
GUILD: WARLORDS and still member of Cursed Pirates!

Reply 6# LeG3nD89's post

According to the first post, the total is a 20% deduction rate.

I guess I should also add the Hourglass from the Item Mall.  The Hourglass adds an additional 90% reduction.  Now I'm not sure how this stacks onto your current total (since 90% + 20% would be 110%...) so I'll just have to buy one and see.

Dram Loves JuJu Foreverz - WLO 3.0 Vid!!

Quote:
Original posted by Dramanue at 9-20-2008 10:16

I guess I should also add the Hourglass from the Item Mall.  The Hourglass adds an additional 90% reduction.  Now I'm not sure how this stacks onto your current total (since 90% + 20% would be 110% ...
I think I'll wait for your post on this before thinking about buying for myself.

Thread