28 123
Thread
Print

[other] How to counter "mess spell"

knight js protects u from all assist spells not only seals
and i claim that mess is not a seal, just a debuff, as well
yea, it will not let u move the way u want the next round, but you are still not completely stunned in ur place. u can hit ppl.. isnt it why it has high chances of getting cast on enemy?
my 500+ int fire burst slave never misses mess unless the target is protected via skills like js
and she never gets stunned as well ^^ (near to never ... )
and.. no water shield reduces MATK(INT) attacks' damage on the target shielded by up to 50% (at last lvl i guess ?)

[ Last edited by Mert82 at 4-15-2010 15:06 ]

Hmm the only I know is either you have higher Int than the messer or you have a good anti-seal equips.

anti seal equip does not help against mess from my own experience, pure mat from int/lvls/class bonus is what will help resist any seal the best. Mess in particular is harder to resist against, but high int wits 500-600 can evade it much more often than a priest in a magic set
"Born with a king's heart,
but fate fooled me and changed my cards"
~Mordred's Song~

Quote:
Original posted by Mert82 at 4-15-2010 15:02
knight js protects u from all assist spells not only seals
and i claim that mess is not a seal, just a debuff, as well
yea, it will not let u move the way u want the next round, but you are still not  ...
i agree with u
when u say "seal"-- u cant do any attack at all- u are stuck in ur place
while in mess spell u can still atk but not the way u choose it- but still attacking
so "anti-seal" equips will miss- and that would be a mess

Reply 23# Jinlei's post

absolutely. int is the bigizt factor

@ahyessa
aw first time hearing someone agreeing with me and being on my side in this forums   ty

SEAL RESISTANCE isnt working for a mess spell, Lmao, Only high int. or Wis, Thats all. no resist seal equipments.

why to counter, if you can be faster and seal them first ?
or yeah hight int, or wis (Matk, Mdef)

mess is same type as poison, slow and shrink i think, if terra, can still mess. If terra cant freeze, on same note if poison, mess will miss. if shrink, mess will miss. only thing that i found makes debuff miss is large difference in target and casters int scores, you see it happening in quests where you try shrink boss types with melee waters shrink, always miss even so my mage 430int still get messed by melees around 30% of the time so best way to avoid is probably to just be faster than your target

28 123
Thread